India’s Tallest Air Purifier: Chandigarh
- Posted By
8th Sep, 2021
A 24-METER-LONG outdoor air purification tower will be inaugurated in Chandigarh on the International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies.
Key-points about the tower
- The air purification tower is capable of purifying the air of the radius of around 1 km.
- The tower, which is stated to be the tallest in the country, has been installed at Transport Light Point (TPT) on Madhya Marg.
- The equipment will also show the quality index of the air it inhales and the quality index of the air it will exhale.
- The air purifier functions through electricity.
Smog tower in Delhi
- A smog tower with the capacity of purifying 1,000 cubic meter air per second with a radius of around 1km was recently inaugurated in Delhi.
International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies
- The International Day of Clean Air for Blue Skies is celebrated across the world every year on 7 September.
- The day is facilitated by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).
- Aim: To create awareness about the significance of air quality, that is essential to all living things on Earth.
- Theme: Healthy Air, Healthy Planet
- The main objective will be on prioritizing the need for clean air while stressing on issues also including planetary health as well as the Sustainable Development Goals.