Indo-U.S. exercise 'YudhAbhyas' comes to an end in Rajasthan
- Posted By
Science & Technology
22nd Feb, 2021
The closing ceremony of the joint military exercise between the Indian and U.S. Army, ‘Exercise Yudh Abhyas-20’ was held at Mahajan Field Firing Range.
About the Exercise- ‘YudhAbhyas’
- It was the first such exercise was initiated in 2002.
- This was the 16th edition of the joint exercise between the military of two nations.
- Aim: To focus on counter terrorism operations under the mandate of the United Nations.
- Focused areas: The training focused primarily on
- subject matter exchange of topical issues of contemporary significance
- drills at tactical level
- sharing of best practices of each other
Other joint exercises between US-India
- Tiger Triumph: Tiger Triumphis a bilateral tri-service amphibious military exercise involving the armed forces of India and the United States.
- Vajra Prahar: Vajra Prahar is a Special Forces joint training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US.
List of other exercises
- Hand in Hand- China
- Surya Kiran- Nepal
- Sampriti- Bangladesh
- Mitra Shakti- Sri Lanka
- IMBAX- Myanmar
- Garuda Shakti- Indonesia
- INDRA- Russia
- Ajeya Warrior- UK
- Nomadic Elephant- Mongolia
- SIMBEX- Singapore
- NASEEM-AL-BAHAR – Oman
Indian Air Force
- GARUDA- France
- INDRADHANUSH- UK