Integrated Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis Plant to Help Transform Waste into Energy
- Posted By
Science & Technology
30th Apr, 2021
The foundation stone for Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis pilot plant at Chennai has been laid. It will soon help smart cities to transform urban organic waste into biochar and energy.
- The pilot is part of the Indo-German project ‘Pyrasol’ launched to transform urban organic waste into biochar and energy in smart cities.
- It was awarded to CSIR-CLRI by the Indo-German Science & Technology Centre.
- The project will ultimately lead to technology development for the joint processing of Fibrous Organic Waste (FOW) and Sewage Sludge (SS) of Indian smart cities into hygienic and highly valuable biochar associated with energy recovery, carbon sequestration and environmental improvement.
Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC)
- The Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) was established by the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India & Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF), Govt. of Germany.
- It aims to facilitate Indo-German R&D networking with emphasis on industry participation, applied research and technology development.
- IGSTC through its flagship program ‘2+2 Projects’, catalyses innovation-centric R&D projects by synergising the strength of research and academic institutions and public/private industries from India and Germany.