International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER)
- Posted By
31st Jul, 2020
- It is an international nuclear fusion research and engineering megaproject, which will be the world’s largest magnetic confinement plasma physics experiment.
- It is an experimental tokamak nuclear fusion reactor that is being built in southern France.
- The goal of ITER is to demonstrate the scientific and technological feasibility of fusion energy for peaceful use.
- The project is funded and run by seven member entities i.e. The European Union, China, India, Japan, Russia, South Korea and the United States.
- The tokamak is an experimental machine designed to harness the energy of fusion