Interpol launches metaverse for global law enforcement
- Posted By
21st Oct, 2022
The Interpol unveiled the first ever Metaverse specifically designed for law enforcement worldwide.
About the INTERPOL Metaverse
- Fully operational, the INTERPOL Metaverse allows registered users to tour a virtual facsimile of the INTERPOL General Secretariat headquarters in Lyon, France without any geographical or physical boundaries, interact with other officers via their avatars, and even take immersive training courses in forensic investigation and other policing capabilities.
- The INTERPOL Metaverse is provided through the INTERPOL Secure Cloud, ensuring its neutrality.
What is Metaverse?
- The metaverse is “an integrated network of 3D virtual worlds.”
- These worlds are accessed through a virtual reality headset — users navigate the metaverse using their eye movements, feedback controllers or voice commands.
- The headset immerses the user, stimulating what is known as presence, which is created by generating the physical sensation of actually being there.
What is Interpol?
- The Interpol is a secure information-sharing platform that facilitates criminal investigation of police forces across the globe through collection and dissemination of information received from various police forces.
- The International Criminal Police Organisation (Interpol) was set up in 1923.
- All contact of a country’s law enforcement agency with Interpol is through the highest investigating body of the land.
- The CBI assumes this role in India.