Kayapo people and Uighars Community
- Posted By
21st Jul, 2020
- Kayapo people are indigenous peoples in Brazil who inhabit a vast area spreading across the Amazon River and along Xingu River and its tributaries.
- The Kayapo use intricate black body paint covering their entire bodies. They believe that their ancestors learned their social skills from insects, so they paint their bodies to mimic them and to better communicate with the Spirit that exists everywhere.
- The black body paint also allows them to blend into their surroundings when hunting in the forests.
- Uighars are a minority Turkic ethnic group originating from and culturally affiliated with the general region of Central and East Asia.
- The Uyghur’s are recognized as native to the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region of the People’s Republic of China.
- China rejects the idea of them being an indigenous group.
- Uighur communities are also found in Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Kazakhstan, and several thousand live in Australia.