Khadi being manufactured in the region of Oaxaca
- Posted By
27th Oct, 2020
- Indian Prime Minister, in his Mann Ki Baat adress, made a reference to the region of Oaxaca (pronounced O-aa-ha-ka) in Mexico.
- In Oaxaca, Khadi is being manufactured.
- Khadi Oaxaca is a farm-to-garment collective which comprises around 400 families.
- They live and work on traditional farms and homesteads in the Oaxaca region of southern Mexico.
- It uses cotton produced and cultivated on the Oaxaca coast, and produces chemical-free clothing, relying on locally harvested plant-based dyes.