- Posted By
23rd Jul, 2020
- Madhubani is a traditional Indian painting that literally means “forests of honey”.
- Madhubani belongs to Mithila region in the areas of Indo-Nepal border across Bihar.
- Madhubani paintings include both mythology and natural objects like sun, moon, plants etc. Mostly done by women.
- In Madhubani paintings, cotton wrapped around bamboo stick is used as brush.
- In Madhubani paintings, the work is done on freshly plastered mud walls. Now days, for commercial purposes, it is done on cloth and paper also.
- In Madhubani, different colours are obtained in different ways. For e.g. black from mixture of soot and cow dung, white from mixture of rice powder etc.
- It has got GI tag.
Verifying, please be patient.