National Fish Farmers Day 2020
- Posted By
13th Jul, 2020
- National Fish Farmers Day 2020 was celebrated by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- Observed on 10th July every year in honour of scientists Dr. K. H. Alikunhi and Dr. H.L. Chaudhury.
- These two scientists had successfully demonstrated the technology of induced breeding (Hypophysation) in Indian Major Carps.
- In India, the major carps, Catla (Catla catla), Rohu (Labeo rohita) and Mrigal(Cirrhinus mrigala) are the mainstay of freshwater aquaculture.
- About Fish CyroBanks: Fish Cryobanks is a storage facility facilitating all-time availability of fish sperms of desired species to fish farmers.