President launches ‘herSTART' Platform
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
6th Oct, 2022
Recently, the President of India launched 'herSTART' - a start-up platform of Gujarat University for women entrepreneurs.
- herSTART is an initiative implemented by the Gujarat University Startup and Entrepreneurship Council (GUSEC).
- It is supported by the state government of Gujarat, the Central Government and the United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF).
- The purpose of herSTART is to aid women-led startups to scale up.
- It will connect women-led startups with private and government platforms.
- It provides free online resources and training modules to aspiring women entrepreneurs in addition to a digital community and digital publication showcasing their success stories.
- It includes the herSTART Incubator (a startup incubator focusing specifically on women entrepreneurs and innovators) as well as herSTART Accelerator (a round-the-year accelerator programme for high-impact women-led startups).
- The purpose of this initiative is to boost women-led innovation and the startup ecosystem in the country.
- These initiatives have significantly eased women entrepreneurs’ journey towards success.