Project DANTAK completes 60 years in Bhutan
- Posted By
Science & Technology
27th Apr, 2021
- Project DANTAK is commemorating its Diamond Jubilee in Bhutan. Indian Ambassador to Bhutan Smt Ruchira Kamboj laid a floral wreath at the DANTAK Memorial in Simtokha on April 24, 2021.
What is Project DANTAK?
- Project DANTAK was established on April 24, 1961 as a result of the visionary leadership of His Majesty the Third King and then Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
- Identifying the utmost importance of connectivity in spurring the socio-economic development and growth of Bhutan, DANTAK was tasked to construct the pioneering motorable roads in the Kingdom.
- DANTAK completed the road connecting Samdrup Jongkhar to Trashigang in 1968.
- In the same year, Thimphu was connected to Phuentsholing by DANTAK.
- Many Bhutanese had also volunteered to work with DANTAK.