“Reaching Zero” Forum on Malaria Elimination
- Posted By
Science & Technology
24th Apr, 2021
The “Reaching Zero” forum on malaria elimination was conducted to celebrate World Malaria Day.
World Malaria Day
- It is observed on 25thApril as ‘World Malaria Day’.
- Theme: This year’s theme for the day is “Reaching the Zero Malaria target.’’
- Objective: The World Malaria Day celebration provides inspiration to the global community and countries which are working to root out the deadly disease & improve the health and livelihood of people.
- Reaching Zero Forum: On 21 April 2021,ahead of World Malaria Day, the country leaders, frontline health workers and global partners came together in a virtual forum to share experiences and reflections on efforts to reach the target of zero malaria.
- Collaboration: India has been among the 18 Global countries who endorsed the Malaria Elimination roadmap of Asia Pacific Leaders Malaria Alliance at the East Asia Summit which was held, in 2015, in Malaysia.
- The alliance leadership also set the goal of making the region free of malaria by 2030.
- Achievements: The country has been successful in reducing the malaria burden in terms of cases by 84.5% and deaths by 83.6% that has also been well recognized by World Malaria Reports of 2018, 2019, and 2020.
- In 2020, as many as 116 districts in the Country reported zero malaria cases.