- Posted By
10th Jul, 2020
- Swami Vivekananda was remembered on his 118th death anniversary on 4 July.
- His birthday is declared as National Youth Day (12th January) to honour his contributions to the country.
- He wrote the books named Raja Yoga, Jnana Yoga, and Karma Yoga.
- He was an ardent disciple of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa and a major force in the revival of Hinduism in India and credited with enlightening the western world about Hinduism.
- He is known to have introduced the Hindu philosophies of Yoga and Vedanta to the West.
- He formed the Ramakrishna Mission in 1897 to bring noblest ideas to the doorstep of even the poorest and the meanest.
- He preached ‘neo-Vedanta’, an interpretation of Hinduism through a Western lens, and believed in combining spirituality with material progress
Verifying, please be patient.