Uttarakhand in talks to bring in white tigers from Madhya Pradesh
- Posted By
29th Dec, 2020
- Uttarakhand is in talks with the Madhya Pradesh government to bring white tigers to Sitabani Wildlife Reserve for a forthcoming tiger safari project.
What is about white tigers?
- White Tiger are also knonw as bleached tiger.
- It carries a near white coat or pale coloration due to lack of yellow, black and orange pigments.
Where do white tigers found in India?
What is about Sitabani Wildlife Reserve?
- Sitabani Wildlife Reserve falls in the Nainital district of Uttarakhand and has geographical and ecological characeristics of the Sub-Himalayan belt.
- It comprises an entire hill of the Kumaon Himalayas and is flanked on three sides with dense Sal forest connecting it to the famous Jim Corbett National Park.
- To the north, it is connected to the Oak and Rhododendron Himalayan mountain forests of Nainital forest division.
- The western boundary is etched by a sub-tributary of the Kosi river.
- Some Himalayan animal species like Himalayan Black Bear, Himalayan weasel, Yellow-throated Pine Marten, Himalayan Goral and Serow also visit the reserve especially during the winter months.