- Posted By
5th Sep, 2020
- Assistance to Disabled persons for purchasing/fitting of aids/appliances (ADIP) scheme comes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment.
- It aims to assist the needy disabled persons in procuring durable and scientifically manufactured appliances.
- ADIP can promote physical, social and psychological rehabilitation of differently abled by reducing the effects of disabilities and enhance their economic potential.
- It is implemented through NGOs, National Institutes under the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment and ALIMCO (a PSU that manufactures artificial limbs).
- Eligibility for ADIP scheme are as follows
- Any Indian citizen with 40% disability or more
- Monthly income not more than Rs.20000
- Must not have received assistance during the last 3 years and for children its last 1 year.
- The following agencies would be eligible to implement the Scheme on behalf of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment,
- Societies, registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 and their branches, if any, separately.
- Registered charitable trusts
- District Rural Development Agencies,
- Indian Red Cross Societies
- Autonomous Bodies headed by District Collector/Chief Executive Officer/District Development Officer of Zilla Parishad.
- National/Apex Institutes functioning under Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment/Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- State Handicapped Development Corporations.
Verifying, please be patient.