Army Static Switched Communication Network project (ASCON Phase IV Network)
- Posted By
Science & Technology
10th Oct, 2020
- The Cabinet Committee on Security had approved the proposal for establishment of Army Static Switched Communication Network, ASCON Phase IV Network.
- Implemented by: M/s ITI, a Public Sector Undertaking
- This is going to be an upgrade on the existing Asynchronous Transfer Mode Technology to Internet Protocol (IP) / Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Technology.
- Also, Optical Fibre Cable (OFC), Microwave Radio and Satellite will be used for communication.
- In any operational scenario with almost 80 per cent indigenous content this system is expected to provide better survivability, responsiveness and high bandwidth.
It will enhance the communication coverage of network closer to IB/LC/LAC
- Implementation schedule: 36 months from the date of signing of the contract.