INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT (ICC)
- Posted By
10th Oct, 2020
- The USA had announced sanctions, including asset freezes and visa bans, against two officials of the International Criminal Court (ICC) for their investigation into alleged war crimes by the USA forces and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) in Afghanistan since 2003.
- International Criminal Court
- It is an intergovernmental organization and international tribunal.
- Headquarter: The Hague, Netherlands.
- It is a criminal court.
- Jurisdiction: Prosecute individuals for the international crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, and war crimes.
- When a state’s legal system collapses or when a government is a perpetrator of heinous crimes, the ICC can exercise jurisdiction.
- India is not a party to ICC.