- Posted By
Science & Technology
4th Aug, 2020
- China has recently completed its BeiDou Navigation Satellite System constellation.
- The system uses a network of satellites and can provide positional accuracies of fewer than ten metres (GPS provides positioning accuracies of fewer than 2.2 metres).
- BeiDou offers services including accurate positioning, navigation and timing as well as short message communication.
- It consists of 27 satellites in medium Earth orbit, five in geostationary orbit and three more in inclined geosynchronous orbits.
- The GPS is owned by the US government and operated by the US Air Force.
- Russia has its navigation system called GLONASS.
- The European Union (EU) has Galileo.
- India’s navigation system is called Navigation with Indian Constellation (NavIC).
Verifying, please be patient.