High Impact Community Development
- Posted By
4th Aug, 2020
- HICDPs constitute an important dimension of the dynamic development partnership between India and the Maldives.
- Under HICDP, India and Maldives have committed to execute projects under a total grant of USD 5.5 million.
- These projects are driven by the needs of communities on the islands.
- They will be implemented by City and Local Councils.
- It will enhance the capacities of locally-elected representatives and support the decentralization efforts of the Government of Maldives.
- Recently, India and Maldives signed a contract for setting up Neighbourhood Fish Processing Plants at two of the islands in the neighbouring country.
- These fish-processing plants are the first in a series of High Impact Community Development projects.