Dhole (Asiatic wild dog)
- Posted By
4th Aug, 2020
- Karnataka, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh rank high in the conservation of the endangered dhole in India.
- Dhole is an apex social carnivore in the tropical forests of South and South East Asia.
- Dholes are susceptible to rabies, canine distemper, canine parvovirus and sarcoptic mange among others which are usually contracted from domestic village dogs that act as reservoirs.
- Endangered –IUCN.
- CITES – Appendix II.
- Schedule II of wildlife act.
- In 2014, the Indian government sanctioned its first dhole conservation breeding centre at the Indira Gandhi Zoological Park (IGZP) in Visakhapatnam.
Verifying, please be patient.