Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states
- Posted By
9th Sep, 2020
- Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs announced the 4th edition of Business Reform Action Plan (BRAP) ranking of states.
- Ranking of States based on the implementation of Business Reform Action Plan started in the year 2015. Till date, State Rankings have been released for the years 2015, 2016 and 2017-18.
- The Business Reform Action Plan 2019 released by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT).
- Objective: to introduce healthy competition among states and UTs and thereby attract investments and increase the ease of doing business.
- It contains a list of 80 reforms (187 reform action points) to be implemented by 19 State departments.
- Andhra Pradesh retained its top position while Telangana slipped from second to third position.
- Uttar Pradesh jumped 10 positions (2nd Rank) since the 2017-18 rankings, when it had ranked 12th.
- Chandigarh is tied with Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Odisha, Sikkim and Tripura at the 29th position.
- ‘Nivesh Mitra’ is the Uttar Pradesh’s single window portal about the investment in the state.
- Ease of Doing Business is a joint initiative by the Department for Promotion of Industries and Internal Trade and the World Bank to improve the overall business environment in the States.