Central Zoo Authority (CZA)
- Posted By
7th Jul, 2020
- The Environment Ministry has reconstituted the Central Zoo Authority (CZA).
- The CZA would now include an expert from the School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi, and a molecular biologist.
- CZA is a statutory body chaired by the Environment Minister.
- It is tasked with regulating zoos across the country.
- Every zoo in the country must obtain recognition from CZA for its operation.
- The authority lays down guidelines and prescribes rules under which animals may be transferred among zoos nationally and internationally.
- With respect to its composition apart from the chairman, it consists of 10 members and a member-secretary.