Mars Biggest Natural Satellite ‘Phobos
- Posted By
Science & Technology
7th Jul, 2020
- The Mangalyaan Mission (also known as Mars Orbiter Mission) of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has captured the image of Phobos (the largest Moon or Natural Satellite of Mars)
- The image of Phobos was captured from a distance of 4200 kilometres by the Mars Orbiter Mission.
- Stickney Crater is the largest crater on the Phobos. In the image captured by Mars Orbiter Mission, Stickney Crater is visible along with Roche, Shklovsky and Grildrig craters of Phobos.
- Phobos and Deimos are the two natural satellites of Mars.
- Phobos is referred to as the Innermost Natural Satellite of Mars whereas Deimos is the outermost.
- Phobos is seven times larger than Deimos.