Food Grain Scheme till November
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
7th Jul, 2020
- The Department of Food and Public Distribution has estimated that food grains (Rice and Wheat) and pulses worth Rs 1,48,938 crore will be distributed under the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Ann Yojana in the period between 8 months from April to November 2020.
- The estimations were made based on Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS) for the previous three months April to June 2020 of the scheme.
- Estimations made suggest that a total of 32 million tonnes of food grains worth Rs 1, 22,829 crores will be provided from April to November 2020.
- An estimate of Rs 11,800 crore of Pulses will be distributed in total during the April to November 2020 period.
- Apart from the above costs, Rs 3109.52 crores for distribution of food grains to migrant labourers in the months of April and May 2020 and Rs 11,200 crore for Central Issue Price under the National Food Security Act from April to November 2020 was been included in the estimation.