- Posted By
7th Jul, 2020
- It is a rare and critically endangered plant species.
- It is commonly as ‘dancing ladies’ or ‘swan flowers’.
- They are characterised by white ?owers, non-appendage anthers (the part of a stamen that contains the pollen) and a “yellowish lip”.
- The species is restricted mainly to Teesta River Valley region which includes the Sikkim Himalayas and Darjeeling hill ranges.
- The plant usually grows in a dense colony as a lithophyte (plant growing on a bare rock or stone).
- Researchers have rediscovered this plant species after a gap of nearly 136 years.
Verifying, please be patient.