Green – Ag Project
- Posted By
30th Jul, 2020
- The Union government has launched the Green-Ag Project in Mizoram, to reduce emissions from agriculture and ensure sustainable agricultural practices.
- Mizoram is one of the five states where the project will be implemented. Other states include Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Uttarakhand.
- The Green-Ag Project is funded by the Global Environment Facility, while the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation, and Farmers’ Welfare (DAC&FW) is the national executing agency.
- Other key players involved in its implementation are Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC).
- The project seeks to integrate biodiversity, climate change and sustainable land management objectives and practices into Indian agriculture.
- The pilot project is supposed to end on March 31, 2026, in all states.
Verifying, please be patient.