India ranked 40th on International Intellectual Property Index
- Posted By
31st Mar, 2021
India is ranked 40 among 53 economies through the latest annual edition of the International Intellectual Property (IP) Index.
International Intellectual Property Index2020
- This is the ninth IP index released by the GIPC. The first was released in
- India is ranked 40th in 2021, by scoring 38.4 out of 100.
- India has shown real improvement over the past few years.
- Indicators: It is based on a set of 50 intellectual property-related indicators.
- Top Countries:The United States, Japan, and Europe are at the top of the intellectual property rankings.
- Improvement:The overall global IP environment has been improved in 2020, with the positive score increasing in 32 of the 53 economies measured by the IP Index.
About the International Intellectual Property Index
- It is released annually by the US Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Centre (GIPC).
- The Index aims to evaluate Intellectual Property rights in 53 global economies through
- patent and copyright policies
- commercialization of IP assets
- ratification of international treaties