Indian army to participate in multinational exercise in Bangladesh
- Posted By
2nd Apr, 2021
The Multinational Military Exercise SHANTIR OGROSHENA 2021 is going to be held in Bangladesh.
About the Exercise
- Commemoration: It is being conducted to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangladesh ‘Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahmanand to mark the glorious 50 years of its liberation.
- Peace exercise: The Exercise signifies the Front Runner of the Peace.
- Theme: The theme of the exercise will be “Robust Peace Keeping Operations”.
- Participation: The DOGRA Regiment of the Indian army along with the Bhutan army, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh Army will participate in the exercise.
- Military observers: USA, UK, Turkey, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Singapore will be the observers.
Dogra Regiment: The regiment of the country’s Army traces its origin directly from the 17th Dogra Regiment of the British Indian Army.