India’s trade deficit with China dips
- Posted By
7th Jul, 2020
- India’s trade deficit with China fell to $48.66 billion in 2019-20 due to decline in imports.
- The trade deficit stood at $53.56 billion in 2018-19 and $63 billion in 2017-18
(Trade Deficit = Total Value of Imports – Total Value of Exports)
- Measures taken by the Indian government to reduce the widening trade deficit with China:
- It is framing technical regulations and quality norms for several products to reduce dependence on Chinese imports.
- It has imposed anti-dumping duties on goods, which are being dumped in the domestic market at below the average prices from China.
- Government tightened norms for FDI coming from countries which share a land border with India.