- Posted By
7th Jul, 2020
- Narcondam Hornbill is endemic to the Narcondam Island in Andamans.
- It is a fairly small hornbill species, with a black body and distinct short, white tail.
- The Important Bird and Biodiversity Area (IBA) of these hornbill species in India is the Narcondam Island Wildlife Sanctuary.
- The natural ecosystems of these species include tropical and subtropical moist lowland forests, open mixed forests and tropical and sub-tropical moist shrub lands.
- It is listed as 'Endangered' under the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
- The CITES status is ‘Evaluated’ for the Narcondam hornbill and is listed in Appendix II.
Verifying, please be patient.