Jammu & Kashmir launches ‘PARVAZ Market Linkage scheme’
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
10th Aug, 2022
The government of Jammu & Kashmir launched the “PARVAZ Market Linkage Scheme”.
- This is an innovative Market Linkage scheme that has tremendous potential to uplift the economic conditions of farmers across Jammu and Kashmir.
About PARVAZ Market Linkage Scheme
- The PARVAZ scheme was launched with the aim of creating market linkage support for shipment of Agriculture & Horticulture perishables from Jammu and Kashmir.
- Under the scheme, the government will provide a subsidy of 25% on freight charges, in a bid to carry perishable fruits through Air Cargo. Subsidy will be provided to farmers through Direct Benefit Transfer mode.
- Scheme is being implemented by Jammu & Kashmir Horticultural Produce Marketing and Processing Corporation (JKHPMC).
- JKHPMC is spreading awareness among farmers regarding the significance of PARVAZ scheme so that they could benefit from it.
Significance of the Scheme
- Government has made the documentation work related to the scheme simple and easy.
- Farmers will get the subsidy on time, under the scheme.
- This scheme seeks to benefit the farmers in doubling their income.
- Thus, it will ensure economic and social welfare of the farmers.
- They will receive the price of their produce directly in their bank account and no intermediary will get involved.