Land Bank System
- Posted By
2nd Sep, 2020
- Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry has launched a prototype of the National GIS-enabled Land Bank System.
- The LBS has been launched for six States based on which land can be identified for setting up industries.
- The system has been developed by the Integration of Industrial Information System (IIS) with state GIS (Geographic Information System).
- IIS portal is a GIS-enabled database of industrial clusters/areas across the states.
- On the system, more than 3,300 industrial parks across 31 states/UTs covering about 4, 75,000 hectares of land have also been mapped out on the system.
- The information available on the system will include drainage, forest; raw material heat maps (horticulture, agricultural, mineral layers); multilayer of connectivity.
- IIS has adopted a committed approach towards industrial upgrading, resource optimization, and sustainability.
- The initiative has been supported by the
- National e-Governance Division (NeGD),
- National Centre of Geo-Informatics (NCoG),
- Invest India,
- Bhaskaracharya Institute for Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG),
- Ministry of Electronics and Informational Technology.
Verifying, please be patient.