World’s Largest Solar Tree
- Posted By
Science & Technology
2nd Sep, 2020
- CSIR-CMERI has developed the World’s Largest Solar Tree, and installed at CSIR-CMERI Residential Colony, Durgapur, and West Bengal.
- The installed capacity of the Solar Tree is above 11.5 kWp (kilowatts peak).
- It has the annual capacity to generate 12,000-14,000 units of Clean and Green Power.
- The Solar Trees have been designed in a manner to ensure minimum Shadow Area.
- This will make them available for widespread usage in Agricultural activities such as High Capacity Pumps, e-Tractors and e-Power Tillers.
- The solar tree has the capability to incorporate IOT based features, i.e. round-the-clock CCTV surveillance in agricultural fields, real-time humidity, wind speed, rainfall prediction and soil analytics sensors.