Quantum Enabled Science and Technology (QuEST) programme
- Posted By
Science & Technology
2nd Sep, 2020
- India’s Department of Science & Technology had set up a program called Quantum-Enabled Science & Technology (QuEST) in 2018.
- As a part of the program, it will invest a sum of Rs 80 crore in a span of three years to facilitate research in this field.
- It the Phase 1 of India’s quantum computing program, the country will be laying out the basic infrastructure that is needed to promote research in this field.
- It will help in improving the state of national security as quantum-level encrypted information becomes a common communication standard.
- The Union Budget 2020-21 proposed to spend Rs 8000 crores ($ 1.2 billion) on the newly launched National Mission on Quantum Technologies and Applications (NMQTA).