Indian Army is participating in Military Exercise namely SHANTIR OGROSHENA -2021 which is being conducted in Bangladesh. The Exercise celebrates 50 years of Liberation of Bangladesh from Pakistan.
The Exercise started on 4th April 2021 to commemorate the birth centenary of Bangabandhuand Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Bangladesh Father of the Nation.
About Shantir Ogrosena-2021 :
- 9 Days Long Exercise is being conducted from 4th April to 12th April 2021.
- It is being organised at Bangabandhu Senanibas,Bangladesh.
- It is also known as Jamuna Cantonment.
- ‘SHANTIR OGROSHENA’ 2021 means Front Runner of the Peace.
- Countries Participating: India, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh
- Military observers will be present throughout the 9 days from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UK, Turkey, USA, and Singapore
- The theme of the Military Exercise is Robust Peacekeeping Operations.