Nanophotonics: manipulated tiny crystals
- Posted By
Science & Technology
16th Feb, 2021
Researchers from the University of Hyderabad have shown how crystals can be sliced and even bent using atomic force microscopy.
What is Nanophotonics?
- Nanophotonicsor nano-optics is the study of the behavior of light on the nanometer scale, and the interaction of nanometer-scale objects with light.
- It is an emerging field in the application of nanotechnology.
- Photon drove: It aims to go beyond electronics and build-up circuits are driven entirely by photons (light).
- Optical technology: This miniaturization under nanophotonics, paves the way to all-optical-technology.
- This is similar to using fiber optics, but at the nanoscale level using organic crystals.
- Manipulating them with precision and control comes in very useful in the field of nanophotonics.