Sandes: the government’s new Instant Messaging platform
- Posted By
Science & Technology
16th Feb, 2021
The National Informatics Centre has launched an instant messaging platform called Sandes on the lines of WhatsApp.
Key-features of Sandes
- Like WhatsApp, the new NIC platform can be used for all kinds of communications by anyone with a mobile number or email id.
- Sandes has an interface similar to many other apps currently available in the market.
- Security:It has no option to transfer the chat history between two platforms.
- Confidentiality: It allows a user to mark a message as confidential. The app does not allow the user to change their email id or registered phone number.
- Other features: It also offers features such as group making, broadcast message, message forwarding, and emojis.