National Handloom Day
- Posted By
8th Aug, 2020
- Recently the National Handloom Day (07th August 2020) was held by the Ministry of Textiles on a virtual platform.
- The first National Handloom Day was held on 7th August 2015.
- 7th August was chosen as the National Handloom Day to commemorate the Swadeshi Movement which was launched on the same date in the year 1905.
- The objective is to generate awareness about Handloom Industry amongst the public at large and its contribution to the socio-economic development.
- Patolas, Paithanis, Ikats, Kandangis, Maheshwaris, Venkatagiris and numerous other GI tagged products will be on display.
Verifying, please be patient.