Technology Information, Forecasting, and Assessment Council (TIFAC) announced SAKSHAM (Shramik Shakti Manch), a dynamic job portal.
- It is a dynamic portal for jobs/ mapping the skills of Shramiks according to the requirements of MSMEs and other industries.
- The portal with the demand and supply data uses algorithms and Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools.
Key Features of SAKSHAM:
- A dynamic job portal - an opportunity for Shramiks and MSMEs
- Facilitate the creation of 10 lakh blue-collar jobs
- Direct connect between Shramiks and MSMEs, no middleman in between
- Minimise migration of Shramiks – job opportunity in proximate MSMEs
- It is an autonomous organization set up in 1988.
- It works under the Department of Science & Technology.
- Aim: It aims to look ahead in the technology domain, assess the technology trajectories, and support innovation by networked actions in select areas of national importance.
Rani Lakshmibai Award (Nari Shakti Puraskar 2015) was conferred upon TIFAC for its scheme KIRAN-IPR that is empowering women in R&D through training on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).