The government approved the allocation for Rs. 500 crores for the National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM) for three years (2020-21 to 2022-23) to achieve the goal of the sweet revolution.
National Beekeeping & Honey Mission (NBHM)
- The mission aims for the overall promotion & development of scientific beekeeping in the country to achieve the goal of ‘Sweet Revolution’.
- It is being implemented through National Bee Board (NBB).
- It was announced as part of the AtmaNirbhar Bharat scheme.
- Itis a strategic step to emphasize the increase in honey production.
- Itwill be a major contributor to doubling the income of the farmers.
- It will contribute towards AtmaNirbharAbhiyaan.
Other important revolutions
- Pink Revolution: Revolution in the technologies used in the poultry and meat processing sector
- White Revolution: Associated with a sharp increase in milk production
- Golden Revolution: Related to the production of honey and horticulture
- Blue Revolution:For the growth of the aquaculture industry
- Silver Revolution: Related to the immense growth of egg production
- Green Revolution:Related to the Agriculture
- Yellow Revolution: To increase the production of edible oil, especially mustard and sesame seeds