Submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC)
- Posted By
Science & Technology
13th Aug, 2020
- Recently, submarine Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) connecting Andaman & Nicobar Islands was launched and dedicated to the nation, by the Prime Minister.
- It will ensure high-speed broadband connectivity, fast mobile and landline telecom services and will give a big boost to the local economy.
- The submarine OFC link will deliver bandwidth of 2 x 200 Gigabits per second (Gbps) between Chennai and Port Blair, and 2 x 100 Gbps between Port Blair and the other islands.
- It will Increase Opportunities through Digital India especially in improving online education, telemedicine, banking system, online trading.
- It also helps in the Act-East policy, the role of Andaman and Nicobar in India's strong relations with East Asian countries and other countries connected to the sea is very high and is going to increase.
- High Impact Projects & Better Land, Air and Water Ways
- It will help to boost International Maritime Trade.