- Posted By
13th Aug, 2020
- Union Minister of Environment Forest &Climate Change (MoEFCC) launched the booklet on “Best practices of Human-Elephant Conflict Management in India” to strengthen coexistence of the human-elephant.
- The booklet was aimed to reduce the Human Elephant conflicts and avoid the loss of lives of both humans and elephants.
- The Ministry also launched a beta version of a portal on Human-Elephants Conflict called “Surakhsya”.
- It is for collection of real time information & also for managing the conflicts on a real time basis.
- The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has enlisted the Asian Elephants as Endangered on its red list of threatened species.
Verifying, please be patient.