Ayushman Sahakar Scheme
- Posted By
Polity & Governance
20th Oct, 2020
- Union Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched the Ayushman Sahakar Scheme.
- The scheme will assist the cooperatives to play a crucial role in creating health care infrastructure in the country.
- The scheme was formulated by the National Cooperative Development Corporation.
- The NCDC will provide loans of Rs 10,000 crores to the cooperatives under the scheme. This includes financial assistance and working capital to meet operational requirements in health sector.
- The scheme also provides 1% interest subvention to the cooperatives where women are in majority.
- The scheme is aligned with that of the National Health Policy, 2017.
- The scheme will provide funds to assist cooperative hospitals. It will also cover health insurance, medical, nursing education and paramedical education.
- Also, the scheme includes health systems such as AYUSH.
- It operates under Ministry of Agriculture and Family Welfare.
- It plans, promotes and finances programmes that are related to storage, processing, marketing, import and export of agricultural produce. It finances projects in rural industrial cooperative sectors.
- The funding of NCDC comes through allocation by GoI, international assistance and market borrowings.
Verifying, please be patient.