India successfully test fires BrahMos Supersonic Cruise Missile
- Posted By
Science & Technology
20th Oct, 2020
- India successfully test-fired BrahMos supersonic cruise missile recently.
- Carried out by: Defence Research and Development Organization, DRDO from Balasore in Odisha.
- BrahMos surface-to-surface supersonic cruise missile features indigenous Booster and Airframe Section along with many other ‘Made in India’ sub-systems.
- The BrahMos Land-Attack Cruise Missile was cruising at a top speed of Mach 2.8.
- It is one more major step in enhancing the indigenous content.
- This successful launch has paved the way for the serial production of the indigenous booster and other indigenous components of the powerful BrahMos Weapon System.