Stand-Off Anti-Tank Missile (SANT)
- Posted By
Science & Technology
20th Oct, 2020
- India successfully test fired the Stand-Off Anti-Tank Missile called SANT.
- It was developed by the Defence Research and Development Organization for the Indian Air Force.
- The missile was test fired at the Chandipur test range.
- The missile has both lock-on before launch and lock-on after launch capabilities.
- SANT missile is a variant of Nag missile.
- The other variants of Nag missile are Helina (or Dhruvastra) and MP-ATGM.
- SANT is an upgraded version of HELINA.
- It was successfully tested in Pokhran in November 2018.
- This upgraded version of the Nag Missile has a nose-mounted active radar homing seeker with an extended range of 15 to 20 km.