Solid Waste Processing Facility
- Posted By
20th Oct, 2020
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) has developed Solid Waste Processing facility.
- The facility has helped to achieve decentralized decimation of solid waste.
- Also, it will help in creating value added products.
- The main objective of the system is to unburden the segregation responsibilities by adopting advanced segregation techniques.
- Also, the system has adopted Bio-Digestion process as it has minimum pollution factor.
- The facility has special features such as segregating wastes such as masks, diapers, sanitary napkins, etc.
- Also, it has disinfection capabilities that help to break COVID-19 chain.
- This is achieved through Ultra Violet C radiation and by adopting hot-air convection methods. The facility runs on solar energy.
- The solid waste processing facility uses plasma arc for solid waste disposal. It converts wastes into plasma state. This residue obtained is rich in carbon and is used in agriculture as fertilizer and also to make bricks for construction purpose.
- The CSIR-CMERI intends to establish a Decentralized Waste Management Technology in the country. It can help reduce carbon dioxide emissions, fuel usage. Apart from creating jobs, it will help achieve Zero-landfill and Zero waste.