- Posted By
Science & Technology
25th Jul, 2020
- It is a rare but serious zoonotic disease.
- It is one of the three plagues caused by bacterium Yersinia pestis.
- The other two being Septicaemia plague and Pneumonic plague.
- It is caused by a bacterial infection and transmitted by fleas from rodents.
- It mainly results from the bite of an infected flea, and also from exposure to the body fluids from a dead plague-infected animal.
- Bubonic plague is also known as ‘Black Death.
Verifying, please be patient.