Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN)
- Posted By
Science & Technology
5th Aug, 2020
- Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) has ensured essential immunization services during the COVID pandemic.
- The Electronic Vaccine Intelligence Network (eVIN) is an innovative technological solution aimed at strengthening immunization supply chain systems across the country.
- This is being implemented under the National Health Mission (NHM) by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Aims to provide real-time information on vaccine stocks and flows, and storage temperatures across all cold chain points in the country.
- Combines state-of-the-art technology, IT infrastructure and trained human resource to enable real-time monitoring of stock and storage temperature of the vaccines kept in multiple locations across the country.
- eVIN has reached 32 States and Union Territories (UTs) and will soon be rolled out in the remaining States and UTs of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Ladakh and Sikkim.