A provision of Rs.200 crores has been made for a new scheme-SVAMITVA to provide the ‘record of rights’ to village household owners
About the scheme
- Itis a Central Sector scheme launched in 2020.
- Aim: The scheme aims to provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- The demarcation of rural areas would be done using Drone Surveying technology.
- Implementing agency: The Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) is the Nodal Ministry for implementation of the scheme.
- Nodal agency in states: In the States, the Revenue Department / Land Records Department will be the Nodal Department. It shall carry out the scheme with support of State Panchayati Raj Department.
- Technology partner:Survey of India shall work as the technology partner for implementation.
The scheme seeks to achieve the following objectives: -
- To bring financial stability to the citizens in rural India by enabling them to use their property as a financial asset for taking loans and other financial benefits.
- Creation of accurate land records for rural planning.
- Determination of property tax, which would accrue to the GPs directly in States where it is devolved or else, add to the State exchequer.
- Creation of survey infrastructureand GIS maps that can be leveraged by any department for their use.
- To support in preparation of better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plan (GPDP) by making use of GIS maps.
- To reduce property related disputes and legal cases