Using AI, scientists develop new method to counter mutations in coronavirus
- Posted By
Science & Technology
9th Feb, 2021
Researchers have developed a new method to counter emergent mutations of the coronavirus. The new method can hasten vaccine development to stop the pathogen.
Working of the model
- The AI-assisted method predicted 26 potential vaccines that would be effective against the coronavirus.
- From those, the scientists identified the best 11 from which to construct a multi-epitope vaccine, which can attack the spike proteins that the coronavirus uses to bind and penetrate a host cell.
- Vaccines target the region — or epitope — of the contagion to disrupt the spike protein, neutralizing the ability of the virus to replicate.
- Speeding the process: This artificial intelligence (AI) model can help in speeding the process of vaccine development.
- Analysis of potential mutation: The method is easily adaptable to analyze potential mutations of the virus.
- Quick solution: It helps in quick ensuring the best possible vaccines.